Re: [libreoffice-website] ask.libreoffice SPAM filtering

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 at 03:57:52 +0000, Naruhiko Ogasawara wrote:
> I'm not sure this list is a right place, I would like to ask banning of our
> Askbot, as a JA moderator.

It's fine, but in fact only hostmasters can act on this so mailing
hostmaster@documentfoundation.org would have been enough :-P

> My Japanese friend, Jun Nogata asked me that his IP address is banned from
> ask.libreoffice.org as a spammer address.
> He has his own domain (nofuture.tv) and it relates static IP address which
> banned, and no one should not use it, so, he is wondering why
> ask.libreoffice.org decide

We've been experimenting with StopForumSpam's IP blacklists to limit the
amount of spam and fake accounts on our Askbot instance since about 1.5
month. That seems to have reduce the load on our moderators, even
though we're aware of the shortcomings of such IP blacklists, and are
investigating a proper solution.

That IP got itself listed on the monthly blacklist:

$ curl https://api.stopforumspam.org/api?ip=218.45.185.67
<response success="true">
<type>ip</type>
<appears>yes</appears>
<lastseen>2017-08-24 11:17:29</lastseen>
<frequency>1</frequency>
</response>

> I promise he hadn't been spamming. He is a most active people in JA Askbot
> and we wouldn't like lose his activity.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I just deactivated the monthly blacklist —
keeping only the daily and weekly ones — as our logs show it's a lot
less used than the other two.

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.