Hi Charles,

Le 2014-01-21 04:15, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Hello there,

I'd like to present you with a beta of the upcoming website -some
already saw it, this time, the homepage has been edited, images
selected, etc. We miss some  integration of text, rss feeds and twitter
widgets. The Discover section also received images, and the community
section is under heavy work. We are integrating the Download, Donate
pages and we need to work on the Events Page as well.

http://newdesign.libreoffice.org

Feedback -other than details that were already specified in the specs-
welcome!

Best,

Congrats to all involved and especially to Eleonora! Looks good! Nice!

Some of my comments:

* Love the menu arrangements

* I would double the "Templates and Extensions" from the "DISCOVER" menu and place it in the "Download" sub-menu as some users visiting the site will automatically seek it out there. There is no need to make them search for these on the other menus. I would put it under "Development Versions"
** note that "Development versions" should be "Development Versions"

* IMO, the "Get Help" section should follow some kind of rational thought something like the user should exhaust all avenues of self-help before going on to any other type of help. So, IMO, the "Get Help" should then follow the following rationale for the sub-menu lines:

GET HELP
* System Requirements
* Installation Instructions
* Documentation
* Nabble Forums <-- I would include the word "Forums"
* Community Support
* Professional Support
* Accessibility
* Feedback
* Bug Submission Assistant

* IMO "COMMUNITY" section, I would re-organize it to reflect our communities, but in alphabetical order so as not to show any preference order, Then it becomes obvious to our visitor that we are all inclusive and not focused on one particular group. We could still focus on one group internally, but just not make it obvious on our website. The last 3 menu items would be the pads, OwnCloud, Wiki but also in alphabetical order.

So, IMO, the re-organization of sub-menu items would look like this:

COMMUNITY
* Docs Team
* Get Involved
* Developers
* Design
* Infrastructure
* Localization
* Marketing
* Native-Lang Projects
* Testing - QA
--spacer --
Pads
OwnCloud
Wiki

* Event -- if I understand from our previous discussion on this, you are looking at more of an list with icons of events in date order, then a link to our Google Calendar? It is also a shame that the "EVENTS" menu takes up its own space on the main menu line. If we wanted to conserve space it could very well be placed under "COMMUNITY" at the bottom of the menu list. I am not sure that the events page will warrant enough clicks to give it such a prominent spot, but it fits quite well under "COMMUNITY"

* ABOUT US -- is a strange beast as it seems to speak to the same as "COMMUNITY", but I guess the idea is that this is more of a wholistic view of the TDF. I wonder if this is really the right site to put "Governance of the TDF" part. But the bottom section "The LibreOffice Project" should be in the "ABOUT US" Perhaps, as a suggeston reverse the paragraphs and use "The LibreOffice Project" as the intro paragraph to the "The Document Foundation" section. This to me would seem more rational seeing as we are on the LibreOffice site and not on The Document Foundation site.

** note that there should be a capital "P" on "The LibreOffice Project".
** note that in that paragraph: "... community as well as by the Document Foundation bodies ..." should be "... as by The Document Foundation bodies ..."

** Certification .. when you click on this item, it leads to the certification page. I would re-title this page to "LibreOffice Certification" just to make it crystal clear that this is what we are reading. Otherwise, it reads as it people are getting TDF Certification or are people getting "TDF Certification"?

* Home page
** On my 24inch monitor with 1400x1050, the text and carousel are quite large. It would be nice if the final product could get the part below the carousel to show on the screen along with the carousel ... I guess this would mean reducing the size of the carousel images to allow the "Fee Office Suite" "Fun Project" and "Fantastic People" to appear on the same screen. This will also allow for less "up and down" scrolling by the user. ** I wonder if there could be a way to stop the carousel? There is no way to leave the LibreOffice site on a screen and have it remain static. The scrolling speed also seems to be too quick.

Overall, great job at redesign. Like it!

Cheers,

Marc--
Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com