Hi David, *,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 21:32, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com> wrote:

There's a formatting problem with the images currently used with the
shuffler script. They stick out beyond the margin (see screenshot
[1]). I uploaded 7 images into the same HomePageRotatingScreenshots
folder. These images are 400px by 300px. They will fit more easily
maybe. If they still overshoot the margin, could you please maybe
solve that in the CSS?

I see you already solved it by replacing the images with the new
images and keeping the filename, so I take it as no action needed from
my side on this anymore (at least not urgently, I still plan on making
the list of screenshots a configurable parameter)

These images are .jpg because the files are considerably smaller than
.png files (about 1/2 or 1/3rd of the size). They are called:

Oh, screenshots as jpg usually have very inferior quality. But how
good they compress when not in their original size of course depends
on the resizing method.
A screenshot of original size in png is usally smaller than the same
screenshot in jpg (and not to mention png is lossless).

But yes, for thumbnails/resized images jpg can offer better compression.

Thanks again for all the work you do

ciao
Christian