On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Narayan Aras <narayanaras@hotmail.com> wrote:

Why does it not have blogs, wiki and forum? (they get filled up by visitors; not content-writers.)

A forum and heavily integrated communication and support system is
coming with Drupal which will support communication through mailing
list, forum and XML. I am not sure how we would migrate items from a
Silverstripe forum to a Drupal forum as they have to be attributed to
a user.
Please be patient, Drupal is only a couple of months off.

One such example is whether we will migrate to Drupal at all.
Everyone has an opinion. But what's the official stand?

I don't know if there is misconception or misinformation. After Drupal
has been developed into a full community site, it will replace
Silverstripe.
This is my interpretation of the decision made by the SC. This
decision was announced on the website development wiki which nobody
has challenged this for 2 months now. We have been in constant contact
with Florian, our SC member, directly who has overseen the development
with this goal clearly in mind, in line with the SC decision.
As such I would put forward that anybody stating otherwise is ill
informed or has misinterpreted the initial vote outcome.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.website/592

The discussion that Stefan has quoted is an internal documentation
team discussion about if using Drupal as the primary tool for
documentation development is the best option (Not relevant to the
discussion here).

If anybody can interpret the decision in any other way can they please
cite a reference to a SC decision which contradicts this original vote
for Silverstripe as an effective intermediate to the larger Drupal
project.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms#Preconditions_to_go_live_with_one_of_the_CMS
IMHO the feature-comparison is readily available at CMS matrix website (www.cmsmatrix.org).

The matrix which was constructed on the wiki had not been updated for
Drupal. It supports 90% of the requriements out of the box, and we
have setup all of the other 'preconditions' already. We are now
building the rest of the community site not covered by this matrix.

By the way www.cmsmatrix.org is inaccurate. I just read through the
Drupal matrix and >50% of the assessment is totally incorrect.

Samuel Gómez wrote:
First step: leave http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website for
talking about the TDF website and create
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibO/... for LibreOffice topics.
LibreOffice website would come in
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibO/Website , etc.

The document foundation Wiki currently reflects the TDF structure with
'website' being a project team rather than reflecting the
infrastructure of the websites.

To summarise:

The official position as per the SC vote is to use Silverstripe until
Drupal is considered ready, at which point we will move the content
over to Drupal and replace the Silverstripe site. We are progressing
well down this path and should be ready to do as the SC has requested
early next year.
Unless there is a discussion and decision otherwise I suggest that we
all align our efforts with the SC decision and work towards improving
the content on Silverstripe and the further consulting with project
teams leading to the final Drupal site.

Michael Wheatland