Hi David,

I cannot read between the lines here.
That resolution is pretty ambivalent (votes-wise SilverStripe wins, long-term wisdom-wise Drupal
wins.)

I am looking for the short verdict: Even if Drupal is the site for the future, what's the roadmap?

It is not necessary for the volunteers to second-guess the leadership's strategic decisions.

And David, I think someone already told you that the people wearing the volunteer caps in a social
group may not be lacking in strategic skills.
It's just that they are willing to let others take the lead.
But they are equally capable of strategic thinking.

There is a fundamental difference between the Drupal site and SilverStripe site.

Michael has done a careful branding exercise with his site.
LibO brand takes center stage. ODF as a brand is NOT promoted there.

On the other hand, SilverStripe site is more about "us" (but yet the ODF
 is not promoted as a brand - It is about personalities).

The LibreOffice comes in the picture only in the third menu.

This is not about the CMS selection: The very approach is diametrically opposite.

It is difficult to believe that both sites are the result of the same product-brief.
One of them is clearly not meeting the customer's intrinsic needs.

So how are we supposed to compare these two?

**************
@Why should we plan the roadmap:
The more people work on SilverStripe site, the lesser the need for Drupal site.
The longer it runs, the more the headaches in migrating the data to Drupal.

As I said before, any future-proof CMS is fine provided someone has done careful feature-comparison.
Especially for the features that are required by the different stakeholders.

I have already shared some requirement-analysis for the authors.

The other stakeholders are:
* Users of LibO (download LibO, extensions, templates, documentation; see FAQ, get solutions at
forums)
* Marketing team (enunciate roadmap, compare LibO with rival products, share demos/walkthroughs, )
* Steering team (roadmap, technology trends, etc.)
* coders, testers (code versioning, beta-testing, bug-tracking)
* Testers, users, bug-handlers (run issue-tracker, release management)
*  Architects/designers

Although specialized tools are also to be considered, the CMS has to integrate well with the other
tools.
Only that will ensure a smooth workflow, with all required inputs provided to each stakeholder in
just the right format.

Can SilverStripe or Drupal meet these needs better?
I have not seen any study put on line.

Regards,
-Narayan