Hi everyone,

Sorry for the triple cross-mailing list post, but we really need the
feedback from all the teams.

For the last 16 days the Drupal Development team has been working on a
proposal for the website graphic design, we have had a very good feedback
from all it's members and now we think we have something to present for
your consideration.

We have been working with a prototyping methodology, this is the third
iteration of the design, there has been a lot of changes, so please check
the changelog for more details. We accumulated 73 emails with comments and
suggestions :P So we expect this design continues to evolve and get improved
so at the end we all get to a consensus on the design and direction. Feel
free to modify the design, suggest changes and post mockups :D

The current design as a lot of considerations, from the perspective of the
UX, demographical consideration, logical and navigation flow, screen
space, disposition of elements and also from a marketing perspective (the
frontpage) and the LibreOffice document metaphor. This design is inspired
from the current website, branding colors and logo, so if those elements get
changed the design would need to change too.

What can absolutely be improved:

1. The LibO logo used is the base logo not the "contemporary" one, with is
prettier, I hasn't able to find the SVG of that one so is had to use the
base logo.
2. As stated on (1), the logos on the frontpage blocks follows the same
graphic style, so, those can be improved.
3. Margins of the general document, line height and font size for better
readability.

I'm uploading a big tar.gz file with all the source files of all the
iterations, the raster of the current one, the changelog and the current IA
to my personal webserver, could someone please put this on
the appropriate site, thanks in advance.

http://www.cjenkins.net/files/LibO_Website_Design_Proposal_DrupalDevTeam.tar.gz
sha1sum: *837d1203c863e4121ce20d219975a984053301ed*
Size: 4.7MB

There are two rendered images: The design of the frontpage and a general
design used by all the others.

So, I'm kindly asking for all the members of these team to review, comment
and improve this design. When considered final, with pleasure I could
implement this as a Drupal theme.

Kind regards

--
Carlos Jenkins