Hi everyone,

2010/11/19 Michael Wheatland <michael@wheatland.com.au>

So who here has experience with project coding and drupal?

Coding in Drupal, I. Coding in LibO, someday... :D but no :(

The questions that I would like to address prior to internalising the
libreoffice code is:

Can the project and issues modules handle a few large projects well, unlike
on the drupal site where there a lots of smaller projects?

I did investigate a lot about your suggestion, and  I think you're right,
case tracker seems a more sensible option, this is the one used in
OpenAtrium, which is just great :D

Anyway, we need to consider if the Project/Extension will be projects, with
author and maintainer, own issue queue and versions.

How would the code be split up?

Mmmm, right now I think there is no separation at all, i just a large code
base. Anyway, what criteria are you considering to split it up/organize it?

As I understand it project can handle cvs, svn and git. What versioning
system are we currently using?

LibO is using git, but the support for git in the Version Control API isn't
ready. The Drupal community is working really hard to have this soon (6
months, 1 year), they are migrating Drupal itself to git (
http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-org-git-migration-team).

As I stated on a previous e-mail I expect to have at least a commit log in
the developer portal :P

I can work towards getting the site ready for this, but I don't have
experience with these systems.

Kind regards.

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/