Hi everyone,

2010/11/17 Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com>

Hi Michael:

Sorry, I maybe did not express myself well enough. I don't think that the
devs need to be raised above all others within the community. I think that
we all agree that the community is built on equality and that contributions
from devs and members are equally as important.

My suggestion was that in all of our discussions, we seem to have missed
speaking out for the developer team and that we should be a little more
sensitive to that. I don't know if there is a dev advocate on this list who
is watching out for dev interests in the website development. I know that
they are pretty busy coding and bug quashing right now --- I am lurking the
dev mailist as well.

I hadn't seen the placeholder on the Drupal site, so it is nice that this
was put in for them.

No need to break out the dev page. We are the LO team.

Marc

The current IA shows the dedicated development page/portal under Community >
Development, I think we maybe should also have a subdomain like
dev.libreoffice.org . I expect we can build a full dedicated development
portal, with lasts commits, issues, development group and mailing list.
Integration of Drupal with Git still on the works and in alpha quality, like
diffs and branches/tags integration with projects, we I really expect to
have at least commit listing.

I really would like to integrate all the aspects of the development into
Drupal, to have a common user base a login. Right now the Issue tracking is
taking place in a BugZilla. I know this is asking really too much, but
exists the possibility to start using Issues/Project for Drupal, those are
the module that empowers http://drupal.org/project/issues

I don't expect current developers to configure it and set it up, but if that
is done, the will be willing to use it?

Cheers

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/