Hi Drew,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

First - could one of the site admins help me out here. Last week I
managed to un-publish the lo.org/why/feature page - on that same day I
also managed to remove that page from the draft site under the CMS.

I'm curious to know: why do you happen to delete that stuff in the
first place? Too impatient when klicking the buttons, so that you hit
it twice, but the second click hits a button with a different label,
do to the set of buttons now being different? Or put otherwise: What
could help prevent this?

First time I did undo that when that did happen, didn't I, and I also
explained how to recover yourself...
http://www.mail-archive.com/website@libreoffice.org/msg00980.html

But this time it is different Somehow invalid content ended up as the
content, that prevents the browser from displaying the following
elements (i.e. it doesn't render the footer when using
http://test.libreoffice.org/why/features/ (it is there in the
sourcecode, but the content that is added before causes the parts to
be hidden.

Content (as stored in the database)
[CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<!
\n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<!
[CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA
[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<![CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<!
[CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \n<! [CDATA[<![CDATA[<! \np { margin-bottom:
0.08in; }\n--><![CDATA[><![CDATA[>\n\n>\n><style  mce_bogus="1"><!
\n<![CDATA[<![CD
ATA[<! \np { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }\n>\n\n><![CDATA[>\n
[lots and lots more of that]

$ curl -s http://test.libreoffice.org/why/ |wc
    160     326    4394
$ curl -s http://test.libreoffice.org/why/features |wc
  15156   17394  173574

So really *lots* of junk here

So a copy and paste got way wrong... Now it would be interested to
know how you edited the page, how you did copy and paste (which
browser and which mode, i.e. into the html source view or using the
paste buttons (which one?) and did you select HTML-sourcecode in the
browser to copy, or did you use the rendered page, etc)

I've
been really looking, it appears my account can't undue that action.

My account cannot either, at least not by using buttons, as the
browser doesn't render them.

Either have to fix it directly in the DB or craft some manual URLs...

So
would someone that can, please do so.

I'll look into it. But it would be helpful to know whether it is
reproducible, i.e. whether it is a general problem that occurs when
doing some specific steps

Otherwise - I added some content to
lo.org/support/sub page 1 (published)

That page doesn't have all that CDATA garbage...

lo.org/support/sub page 2 (no published)

neither does that one, although I'm not sure whether I'd like to have
that whole thing within an iframe instead of pointing/redirecting to
the real page...

add a image location to match the NL groups
/uploads/EN_project_images

I'd preferably wouldn't use uploads as the desired location, but a
corresponding folder within the root like /mainsite/whateversubfolder
But a matter of taste I guess - to me "uploads" has a temporary
character, like for stuff to review, etc.

I've had a little problem trying to add a google custom search box to
one of the pages, and to embed one of the nabble pages (see sub page 2),
but haven't actually hunkered down to the task yet.

If we want search, then we should enable it globally. I can enable
silverstripe's own fulltext search (although don't know how good that
is) for a start.

ciao
Christian