One thing that I have noticed, especially as people start flooding
into the community there seems to be a lot of independent suggestions
for new web applications / communications tools from people who have
not read through the mailing lists (who would) or read the website
development wiki.

To set everyone's mind at ease I would like to reassure you that the
LibreOffice Drupal Development site is being built at breakneck pace.
There are many people working hard to deliver the scheduled
replacement for SilverStripe, which will not only do the community
justice, but break down barriers for new members to join and start
contributing to all facets of our fantastic project.

Although the Drupal development site is not yet at a beta testing
phase I would like to invite all groups across the LibreOffice Project
discuss and propose requirements and ideas for the website which would
assist in your work of bettering LibreOffice.

There are already groups which have been consulted, and I thank them
for their input, including the documentation and
marketing/branding/artwork teams. We still need the basic framework
for the code development group, steering committee, quality assurance
and regional groups.

You can add your needs and ideas on the wiki once agreed within the group:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal#Drupal_Website_Requirements

Thanks for your patience with the Drupal Development, but when
launched on LibreOffice.org as the Steering Committee has recommended
within 6 months, ALL of this functionality will be available in one
place, our community.

Thanks all,
Michael Wheatland
LibreOffice Drupal Website Development Team

One User wrote:

I don't know if and how easy this would be in drupal. So far I have
coded a very simple webform in "django" (python is my thing :-)) to
allow uploading a document and a comment.

Another User wrote:

Random thought here. im willing to donate some webspace to a wordpress
setup for the project. i have experience in making the site look less
like a blog and more like a proper website and there are some really
killer themes available for wordpress.