I thought is was about time to share some of the progress that the
Drupal website development team is making on the implementation of the
development site for libreoffice.org that will be implemented within 6
months.

The collaboration through the wiki has grown immensely, with the vast
majority of the development being discussed and documented here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal

The LibreOffice Drupal development site can be found here:
www.libreofficeaustralia.org

Key to the long term success of the Drupal site and linked to it, the
health and size of the LibreOffice community, is the underlying
structure. I thought that I might share some of it here.

(-) Basic information about LibreOffice and each application is easily
accessible and understandable
(-) All languages will have the same content, some of which will be
automatically translated so collaboration can occur across languages.
(Forums, News, Extensions, Templates)
(-) Official Documentation and proposed documentation sections are
functional, just need some prettying up and filling with documents.
       http://www.libreofficeaustralia.org/support/documentation
(-) Template Library is fully functional - try it out and upload a test template
      http://www.libreofficeaustralia.org/download/templates
(-) Forums are fully functional but not yet linked with any mailing list system
      http://www.libreofficeaustralia.org/forums/community
(-) Twitter Feed has been setup under Support - Social Media, Need FB
and others.
(-) Community team pages are being setup now. ie website, marketing,
documentation, artwork
(-) Theme concepts are coming along nicely, but we still require some
experts here.
(-) You can already submit artwork ideas
      http://www.libreofficeaustralia.org/community/contribute/artwork

Areas we plan to tackle next
(-) Translations and internationalisation
(-) Regional groups setup
(-) Extensions directory
(-) 'Features of LibreOffice' pages
(-) Social Media integration
(-) Consulting with the development group regarding idea tracking and
bug reporting - already started
(-) Setup a blogroll for the LibreOffice Planet.

If you think you can help with any of this, please contact carlos,
marc or ben, nino or myself directly.

Also, I think it is about time that we approach the Steering Committee
with the progress we have made and suggest a "Drupal on
LibreOffice.org" launch date in early January. The progress on the
site is astounding and I think that early January is achievable for a
fully functional production quality site.

Note: Development is happening on the English site,
internationalisation will occur after the English site is operational.
If you try to change the language you will likely get a 404 error due
to nothing being translated yet. - First things first. Getting the
structure right, then the content.

Again,
Thanks to everyone who has done such an amazing job so far. Let's keep
up the great work.

Michael Wheatland
LibreOffice Drupal website development team
www.libreofficeaustralia.org