Le 2010-11-08 06:04, Stefan Weigel a écrit :
Hi Marc,

Am 08.11.2010 10:20, schrieb Marc Paré:

Yup, I'm on the wiki now, using the rich text editor and it works
fine for me.

Just avoid to copy&  paste wiki source code into the Rich Editor.
This may mess up your article completely. ;-)

Cheers,
Stefan

Thanks Stefan. I also notice that the FCKEditor has not been replaced by CKEditor yet. It looks like the CKEditor devs are working on it but still not ready. For those who are not aware, the FCKEditor and its newest version CKEditor for WikiMedia are rewoked versions made to output in wiki code. They are not the same versions as the text WYSIWYG FCKEditor and CKEditor.

I know that as WYSIWYG editors go, CKEditor is one of the best WYSYWYG version going on the market, along with, IMO Xanhia.

BTW, in all fairness, there are probably more people like me who would rather work through WYSIWYG editors but when presented with an editor are just not that committed to learning wiki code. Myself, I have no interest in learning wiki code, but am interested in helping out and contributing. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I am old enough to have gone through, years ago, the boo's and jeers from Wordprocessor purists who told me that writing in code rather than writing with a WYSIWYG programme was the only real way to write documents; same thing when I was boo'ed, jeered when I was told that using a text browser only was the only way to browse; as well as boo'ed and jeered because I used a spellcheck in my wordprocessors and mail programmes ... . History, it seems, will repeat itself.

Here are the arguments that I used 30 years ago in trying to convince others that a WYSIWYG wordprecessor was a better option ... By using a WYSIWYG that works, we are including that ability of 100%o of participation from the general public. Document writing is not there to collect users who are expert in text coding; it's there to gather information and encourage participation from everyone. I was, at the time, working for a music magazine, using CP/M with a text editor and, I had bought an AtariST with STWriter, and I could type in my text quicker than anyone in the magazine office because it was functional and I was not slowed down by text formatting codes.

As for the FCKEditor, We should be looking at other WYSIWYG editors that work if this one doesn't suit, or disable identified problem functions until we find a fix.

But really, are we not looking for full participation or the potential of full participation? We could still have the wiki editors for the wiki-code-proficient group and for the rest of us who would like to jump in and help out, we could also have a WYSIWYG editor. That would then make for 100% membership participation.

Cheers

Marc