A usability issue I see in http://test.libreoffice.org/ (but that of
course does not depend on the chosen CMS) is the language list on the
left hand side. This is rather important since one of the key strengths
of OpenOffice.org inherited by LibreOffice is its availability in about
100 languages.

Flaws I see in the current implementation include:
- Only a small subset of languages is presented on the home page, while
  they should have equal dignity to be "politically correct".
- The list appearing under "All languages" (besides badly needing some
  styling: http://test.libreoffice.org/home/all-languages/ is not very
  nice but this will obviously improve) uses the English names of
  languages, while the home page uses the local names.
- The list is too obtrusive to appear on the English site. I mean,
  http://www.wikipedia.org/ is only a language list, but then the
  English content lives at http://en.wikipedia.org and it has a separate
  home page. The LibreOffice site has English content on the "www"
  domain and must thus mix "English" and "international" features, but
  the "international" features should not be dominant, like this
  language list.

How can this be improved? I believe that the language selector on
http://www.openoffice.org/ is nice and unobtrusive, but then it shows a
rather unfriendly list when clicked. Would it be possible/desirable to
have a nice small selector that, when users move the mouse on it, shows
the available languages in an overlay?

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti.