Le 2010-10-28 11:58, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
Hi Benjamin, *,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Benjamin Horst<bhorst@mac.com>  wrote:
[...]

Regarding the initial CMS setup: are we going to have one site combining the information for
LibreOffice and TDF, or are we planning to separate these areas into two sites immediately?

With silverstripe both is possible. Two completely seperated instances
(then with different logins for each [1], thus probably less
desirable), or TDF and LO as different subsites.

Subsites can have different themes, etc. (as seen on on the pumbaa
demo), so no problem in this regard.

So it is a  matter of preference, whether TDF should be completely
distinct from LO or whether the userbase for maintenance should be the
same (that doesn't imply that each user on the CMS can edit both
sites, those can still be separate "realms" where an editor for LO
cannot access the CMS for the TDF part and vice versa)

([1]even with openID or other external authentication, you would still
need to register twice, once for TDF and once for LO)

ciao
Christian

I would favour different sites, a TDF site which for now would be more of a static site and the LibO site ... well ... it is pretty hot and active right now. It seems to make sense for free up the TDF from the LibO and then it can later undertake more projects with LibO under its wing.

Marc