Le 2010-10-18 04:37, Andre Schnabel a écrit :
Hi,

I see that there are lots of discussion, which CMS to use, what features
are needed ... at the other hand, users and language teams need more
info at our website - nad without the infrastructure in place we cannot
give more information.

The issue has been briefly discussed in the last SC-meeting and we
would ask you (the team here at the website list) to come up with a
proposal this week.

Please consider, that we will never find a solution that fits all and
we will see migrations of infrastrucure in the next year anyway.
So please help us to get a good start - but let us start.

regards,

André

Hi everone:

It is Thursday night here in Canada and I am trying to complete the report on the Wiki for our presumed Friday deadline. Note that I have tried as best as possible to remain neutral in all of the arguments.

I have updated the Wiki and tried to be as impartial as possible. For the lack of time, with answering as many posting on the Website mailist, the Drupal team could not rally and get a good solid example of a working Drupal TDF/LibO site. The Silverstripe came out of the starting gate (on the day of request from André) with a working example of a TDF/LibO site. To be fair, this left the Drupal team little time to organise and put forth a decent demo-site as well as manage the discussions on the mailist. IMHO a heads-up of 2 weeks would have been a more accommodating time-frame.

However, with the bantering back and forth of ideas, the Drupal team did put forth their arguments, a somewhat workable demo with demos of certain other aspects of Drupal that were questioned on the mailist.

There are links to the Drupal and Silverstripe demo sites (along with the added Drupal additional example site/pages) PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TABLES AND ORDER OF THE APPEARING CMS LISTINGS WERE MADE IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!)

A requirements table was created; followed by a comparisons table -- some were edited by the different CMS teams members and I went over the postings and made additional edits of some points made on the mailist.

We had a "hands up" session for those who would volunteer their services with the creation, admin, maintenance. The Drupal team had quite a few volunteers.

As for the vote for which CMS to choose from the Website mailist members. There was a general consensus agreeing with Andrea Pescetti that the Website mailist membership was not structure assuch to allow an impartial vote as it would have been quite easy to pad the vote in one favour or another. Therefore the SC should then choose according to the results of our "fact finding" information on the two choices of CMS.

Again, trying to be as impartial as possible, one should look to the Wiki examine the facts and the discussion mailist banter. This should give you a clear picture of the best choice of CMS to choose.

Many thanks for allowing our community to have a voice in your choosing the CMS as well as its volunteer maintainers.

Marc