Hi Keith, *,

2010/10/19 Keith Williams <kwilliams@thoughtfarmproductions.com>:
[...]

snipped points that have been discussed already.

Christian:

You're looking at it from a users point of view???? Thats not  reasonable,
you can make Drupal and I'm sure silverstripe look like anything.

OF COURSE it is reasonable, it's the users that have to deal with it.
Thus before even to consider looking at it in more depths, the
user-interface must be a pleasing experience.
And I don't mean how the website looks, that is really a matter of css
and the corresponding templates, but how the user interacts with the
system when creating/editing content.

 THE REAL
ISSUE is going to be designing, configuring, coding, and maintaining the
site.

If that really is an issue, I'm not really interested.

  Unless Silverstripe has a graphical query builder with access to
user profiles, content, files, a form builder data, fine grained user roles,
and a million tutorials on how to use it like Drupal does, then I think
silverstripe is not a good choice.

Because it doesn't need all that stuff to do its work it is a bad
system, sorry, that is a non-argument. Give examples on why you would
need that stuff.
Why the heck would you need a "graphical query builder with access to
user profiles, content, files" - what should that do? Why would you
need that?
Silverstripe has a form builder, easy to use. As to user roles: What
fine grained roles would you need? Editors, publishers, admins. What
else?
And the million tutorials? Come one, you know that stuff and don't
have the time to devote to setting it up, if you had to read those
millions of tutorials first, you wouldn't be done this year.

If you don't have the time to talk on skype / or something else about this
then you're really not interested in finding a good solution for this, your
only interested in promoting silverstripe for some reason.

No. I'm just interested in something that is workable. The drupal demo
at opencms sucks.<period>.
If that doesn't change if drupal is setup by someone who knows the
system, then there will be no way I'd ever put my vote for drupal.

ciao
Christian