The demo site is at:
http://www.mywebclass.org/~bhorst <http://www.mywebclass.org/%7Ebhorst>

I installed the silverstripe and I can see that its not a bad system,
compared to Joomla.

I can see how someone would like it for a top down traditional cms site.
Its basic, it has some plugins to do some stuff, and it seems easy to work
with to add pages.  If I had a client that didn't have much money and only
wanted a theme then I might consider using it in the future.   Most of the
people  / clients I work with want interactive sites with a lot of
functionality in terms of types of content stored, organization, and they
want groups of users to be able to organize online for projects.  The admin
of silverstripe is crowded and doesn't seem easy to change, since it's built
into the system.  I like being able to customize every aspect of the users
experience and being able to do it quickly and easily.

I do hate the fact that every time I move from one admin screen to the next
that I get a "Welcome to Silver stripe" waiting screen for it to load.

ANyway good luck with the silverstripe I  may use it in the future.  But I
think that Drupal is still the workhorse of community based content
management systems and and doesn't have anything to be worried about for a
while.  The only advantage I can see that silverstripe has is that you don't
have to setup the admin interface because it doesn't really do much and
doesn't appear customizable, unless you write a module or something.

Drupal doesn't need the admin interface customized either, but at least you
can do it without coding it. This way people can do focused administrative
tasks.

For example I'm doing a newspaper site now and will have dozens of sections,
two dozen editors, hundreds of contributors, and probably hundreds of
thousands of commentors and a few dozen comment moderators.  I can setup a
site like this with Drupal and once the theme is setup, most of the work can
be done with the GUI.  Each role easily gets a custom administration menu
focused on their jobs, and I can use the query builder to create custom
portal pages for the paper that ensure consistent look and no decisions for
editors.  Content just goes where it's programmed.

Anyway, IF you guys want a basic CMS with some static pages then go use
silverstripe.  If you want to create an online community that is accessible
to people and manageable by volunteers then you want Drupal.