Re: [libreoffice-website] Wiki Discussion (Reboot)

Hi,

I'm Keith. I saw a post on the Drupal website that said libreoffice was
looking for a new website / wiki. I'm curious as to what you are
considering. I read this email and see that your looking at Wiki. I work
with a lot of different systems (Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, MediaWiki) and
may be able to give you a comparison of them if you want. I understand
time, so here is my short opinion:

in no particular order:

Drupal = Good platform to provide a variety of different services and when
someone knows the system, its extremely easy to customize. It also have the
ability to work with SVN/GIT/CVS as you can see from modules and themes on
drupal.org

Wordpress = quick setup low maintenance and easy to customize but not
designed for A LOT of people to use and isn't as robust as Drupal is for how
it handles information

Joomla = Probably not a viable option for this, it fall somewhere between
Drupal and Wordpress and i'm not sure it has anything this group would use

MediaWiki - Great wiki out of the box, can be customized, its fast, and
people know how to use it. It doesn't have the modules and other features
that Drupal would have but it also doesn't need the configuration that
Drupal needs.

I guess another way to look at is that Ubuntu, and Drupal.org use drupal and
both of those have robust developer communities that are facilitated by the
community management features of Drupal. I use Drupal because it has built
in features like CCK (GUI Forms) Views (GUI Reports / Data pages) and OG
(Group Managment), it provides most of the features out of the box that I
need. If I need to customize something, its easy and its not hard to find
enthusiastic Drupal developers to help. ;-)

Anyway, I just thought i'd toss this out there and maybe it would help.

--
*Thought Farm Productions <http://www.thoughtfarmproductions.com>
thoughtfarm@thoughtfarmproductions.com*