[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-website] Re: Document Foundation - list archive - emails in clear
- Subject: [libreoffice-website] Re: Document Foundation - list archive - emails in clear
- From: Bernhard Dippold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 10:58:32 +0200
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Nguyen, all
would you mind continuing this discussion on the forwarded thread on the website list (email@example.com)?
I just replied there:
It's not easy to keep two threads on the same topic in view.
Nguyen Vu Hung schrieb:
On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Jean Hollis Weber<firstname.lastname@example.org>wrot
I agree with Florian that hiding addresses doesn't help much, and the
disadvantages are greater (for me). I vote to leave the lists as they
are. But we do need to add to the warning on the signup page.
This is an example on how to hide emails from the bots.
-> # From: "Nguyen Vu Hung"<email@example.com>
but in the mail itself it reads:
what seems quite easy to read for a bot I assume.
Providing dead links doesn't serve anything - it could be replaced by clear text, as not everybody will think about checking the mail address when replying.
I think Florian, Jean and others will be able to copy/paste the mail address from the archive instead just clicking on the link, but this doesn't prevent any crawler from harvesting IMHO.
If it's possible, revealing the mail addresses only if you are subscribed to the website might be a better approach - provided that there is no other archive showing the mail addresses directly...
PS: setting reply-to to website@LibO - please remove the reply-to to this list, if this doesn't work
To unsubscribe, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] DF - list archive - emails in clear
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] DF - list archive - emails in clear
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] [Fwd: Document Foundation - list archive - emails in clear]
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-website] improving the Supporters page