Hi Emiliano,

On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 at 23:33:19 +0100, Emiliano Vavassori wrote:
I have some questions:
* Are x86-based (32bit) builds definitely abandoned? I don't see any x86
builds in the dev-builds.lo.org site nor in download.df.org site;

See https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/06/06/libreoffice-6-3-on-linux-a-statement/
(I assume this followed an ESC decision — the dev list probably contains
some archives on the discussion and might be a better venue to discuss
this :-)

* Is there any other smarter way to know the last available .deb build, both
for stable releases and for daily builds, than parsing those pages?

For daily builds we have /current links such as
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@tb87-TDF-dbg/current/
There is no better API or direct link but I suppose one could simply
download all href targets starrting with “LibreOffice” :-)

For stable releases, one can use the trick described at
https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/P3QatPuSx3u3UgM3hqC1h46s .

    $ curl -A 'LibreOffice 0.0 (3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b; Linux; x86_86;
BundledLanguages=)' \
        https://update.libreoffice.org/check.php | xmlstarlet sel -T -t -v
'/inst:description/inst:version'

gives the latest still version.  3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5b is the id for 3.5.0
and 3.5.7, but anything following
https://git.libreoffice.org/infra/salt/tree/master/hosts/gimli/updatecheck.lua#90
should work.  (Use e.g., 7362ca8-b5a8e65-af86909-d471f98-61464c4 to get
the latest fresh version.)

* As a side note, do you have a tool of choice for triggering such builds?

We use Jenkins, like for regular CI.  The build environment comes from
LODE https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/lode and artifacts
are copied to dev-builds.libreoffice.org afterwards.  cloph will
probably be able to give more details next week after his vacation :-)

Cheers
--
Guilhem.