Hi all,

Il 19/12/21 23:19, Guilhem Moulin ha scritto:
We'll meet at https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/infra and write the minutes
to https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/infra .  Agenda TBA.

Although most probably I will not be present to the Infra meeting (and I am sorry, I know this would have been mandatory to discuss proposed points to the agenda; the discussion can be conducted even here in written, though), some Directors would like to know Infra's team understanding around having a PeerTube instance hosted at TDF to serve the videos that are now served from elsewhere (e.g. the ones from the Conferences). This would be taken into consideration for the budgeting round for 2022 at TDF BoD.

To be more specific, we are interested in:
1 - the level of usefulness/likeliness you would see (totally needed, nice to have, completely useless, dangerous, counterproductive, etc.) 2 - the actual level of knowledge in supporting such instance ("no knowledge" to "we created the software, so we can do whatever we need to") 3 - willingness to support it (don't want to/prefer not to/more than happy to do it)
4 - Eventual (estimated) expenses in knowledge building;
5 - Eventual (estimated) expenses for extra virtual hardware/bandwidth/workforce to implement and support such instance; 6 - Any other consideration you would put on the table for which we might have not thought about.

If possible, please motivate your answers (more so if on the "negative" spectrum of possible answers) so I can better proxy that to the Board.

If you will discuss on the Infra meeting and I cannot attend, happy to read the minutes and then chase here for clarifications, if needed. I'd strive to participate, though.

Thanks, cheers,
--
Emiliano Vavassori
syntaxerrormmm@libreoffice.org