Participants
============
1. guilhem
2. dennis (a bit late)
3. Emiliano Vavassori (syntaxerrormmm)
4. Brett

Agenda
======

* Spam on some Telegram channels
  + g. not managed by the infra team, but some individual people might have
    admin access to these channels and/or have rights to create a bot etc
  + channel @libreoffice is created/owned by the account "@documentfoundation"
    <-- a TDF owned account
    - dennis: possibility to add a FLOSS bot to avoid exposing the entire
      history to new people joining (forward secrecy)
      http://go.mail-archive.com/xdyQGFUS3w0xR6-Nm-4cwoT12VI=
  + g. we (infra team) can offer alternatives to telegram on the [matrix]
    instance :-)
    - should be doable to open it to eg, all TDF members, pending BoD decision
      . if we open a new channel, we should probably decide to close another one
        to avoid dilution
      . bridges can be use in this case
    - EV: we can reach out to more people by using more tools
    - EV: infra is there, likely no need to change it if we were to open it
      beyond team/BoD/etc (at least if not everyone tracks gazillion of rooms)
    - AI guilhem: double check that a single synapse instance can be used for
      multiple domains
      . Doesn't seem possible at the moment but we can always deploy multiple
        instances if desired
        - https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/issues/3468
        -
https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/blob/2aa127c20701320c5627b82d9fc71e84e02fd114/INSTALL.md#choosing-your-server-name
    - AI EV: bring to the board for decision; also how about :libreoffice.org
      vs. :documentfoundation.org?

* Migrating / Merging mailing lists from
  + ooo/go-oo:
    - Dennis: lists are not closed yet but abandoned in practice
    - lists archives were not imported when migrated to FDO, older archives are
      not on any server ATM
      . g. don't need config/subscriber lists for these, but would need the
      RFC5322 archives (eg mbox, maildir) to generate HTML from.  can get these
      from Thorsten
  + fdo: libreoffice, libreoffice-{qa,commits,ux-advise,bugs}
    - g. still working on the migration (was surprised by the volume of messages
      in -bugs, had to scale up the list server)
    - got a mechanic upgrade path for archives and subscribers, not config yet
    - pymime modifications not done yet
  + HTML archives:
    - some lists are now split by year/month (cf. scalability issues above)
    - Dennis: that broke https://listarchives.{documentfoundation,libreoffice}.org URLs
      . g. these URLs were not meant to be used as permalinks, but unfortunately
        used as such in practice (/me also guilty of that)
      . Added SQL backend to the list archives so we can offer real permalinks
        - can also be used to do some searches on author, date, subject
        - Add a <a/> to messages
https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/2020/msg00281.html
          with an actual permalink using the message-id
          . Dennis: should also replace the go.mail-archive.com links
          (archive-at in ml mails) with that one then
      . That SQL backend can also be used to restore old flat URLs (unstable as
        before, maybe you don't get to the right message but at least you don't
        get a 404)
  + apache (odftoolkit-* http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-odf-dev/)
    - g. https://odftoolkit.org and https://listarchives.odftoolkit.org/dev are
      managed by us
    - Dennis: yes but we didn't migrate anything, need to have Apache involved
      somehow, or maybe svante/mst?

* Nabble replacement
  + http://go.mail-archive.com/vkwP6aUd-9YOCZLZ4zV3R2va7U0=
  + need to update the links when it shuts down
  + g. we could use discourse as replacement for some lists *if* TDF decide to
    migrate askbot to it
    - EV: BoD waiting for community reaction/feedback on the test instance

* MediaWiki Update: 1.35.0 (next LTS) will be released soon and 1.31 (last LTS
  version, usedby us) will be EOL in June 2021
  + see https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2020-August/048464.html
  + https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/core/+/REL1_35/RELEASE-NOTES-1.35
  + dennis: will do a test migration on the test wiki at the conference time
    - esp. Bugzilla mediawiki integration

* Monitoring
  + AI guilhem: poke tinderbox owners when the box is unreachable by CI
  + Brett: Did Guilhem set up libvirt monitoring already?
    - yes but virDomainGetGuesto output (guest FS & kernel version metric) is
      missing.  Need to patch the libvirt_exporter_improved and write some go
    - Would like to have these metrics in prometheus (cf. minutes from the June
      infra call)
      $ virsh guestinfo vm150 | grep -F -eos.{pretty-name,kernel-release} -e{total,used}-bytes
      os.pretty-name      : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
      os.kernel-release   : 4.19.0-10-amd64
      fs.0.total-bytes    : 46909095936
      fs.0.used-bytes     : 30115614720

* Next call: Tue Oct 20 16:30 UTC 2020