Thorsten Behrens kirjoitti 9.7.2020 klo 2.51:
Hi Daniel,

[sry for the repetition, missed this public mail initially]

Daniel Armando Rodriguez wrote:
In my opinion, and based on recent experience, I consider it necessary for
TDF to be open to community participation in a more modern and accessible
way to everyone.

I agree. The recent discussions where spread across a lot of places.

In this sense, it is clear that the use of mailing lists, IRC/Telegram
channels does not allow to reach the majority of LibreOffice users, free
software advocates and community members and that is why I would like to
propose the adoption of a platform that favours participation, debate,
interaction and collaborative elaboration of lines of action between TDF and
the community.

One comment:

- I'd strongly suggest that any new tool we introduce comes with a
   commitment to shutdown / discourage at least one (but better more!)
   existing tool. We'll otherwise quickly get to https://xkcd.com/927/ ;)

So if https://democraciaos.org/ is to solve the
too-many-communication-channels problem - are we then shutting down
IRC/Telegram, or even the mailing lists?

Please also take into consideration that we intend to replace AskBot with a forum.

DemocracyOS vs. anything we currently have is an apples to oranges comparison meaning we *can't* shut anything down.

Ilmari