*Summary*

I have been working on a new feature for the LibreOffice website, Maps. In
short, this feature consists of adding a new page type that is made up of a
map on which markers can be placed. These markers will include some
information. This work has been carried out with the support of other
members of the community. Now that it is working and has been tested quite a
bit, I am asking someone from the Infra team to direct me to what should I
do to have this feature installed on the main website.

*Long Version *

Some months ago, I was asked to resume work on a module I had been working
on that aimed to create a Contributor Maps type page. Since quite a lot of
time passed from that, I thought that it would be better to rewrite the
whole module from scratch. The result is now working and it is time to
transfer this feature from the newdesign.libreoffice.org site (where it is
being tested at https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/community/contributor-map
and https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/events-map) to the main
libreoffice.org website.

This module, when installed, enables site editors to create pages based on a
new type "Contributor Maps". This type of page allows for introductory text
and then a map is placed underneath. Markers can be placed on the map by
both website visitors and site editors, depending on the page setting.
Markers will have a number of details attached to them, such as name,
picture, areas, location and URL for more information. This type of page can
be used both for a map that holds entries such as community members (as in
https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/community/contributor-map) or as an event
map (as seen in https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/events-map). Entries can
either expire after 1 year (which can be renewable - ideal for listing
community members) or have an expiry date set by the user (ideal for events
maps). Registration need to be validated through a confirmation email.
Entries can edited, renewed and deleted.

This work has been on the newdesign site for quite some time and has been
tested by some helpful members of the community. Of course, anyone
interested in helping with testing can do so from the URLs mentioned above.
However, now that this feature seems to be working well, I think that it can
be copied over to the main site. Unfortunately, I don't have any access to
the code of that site. Thus, I need someone from the Infra team to direct me
on how I could get this feature added to the main site.

Thank you for reading and I hope to have a reply soon. And, of course, any
feedback is welcome and appreciated.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Website-f1644957.html