Hello everyone,

Following a discussion led on our French telegram group with the rest of
the French community (sophi, Arnaud, Regis and Philippe), we discussed
the ability to have a French blog hosted at
http://fr.blog.documentfoundation.org
<http://fr.blog.documentfoundation.org/>.

Like the Spanish and German communities, we would like to have such a
blog were the French community could:

 1. Showcase their work (e.g. the forthcoming French hackfest)
 2. But also advertise the translated literal versions of the official
    TDF blog posts + new release announcements previously translated on
    the announce@fr ML.

I commit to translate them on time each time Italo will post a draft to
the priv ML list. Regis and Arnaud are willing to proof read before
submission.

Having a French blog will definitely be a great enhancement from a
marketing point of view:

 1. Tweets on the LibreOfficeFR twitter account won't link to the
    English version anymore. This is a great improvement for the French
    speaking community not used to speak/read in English. Tweets that
    were linking to the English posts counterparts hadn't much audience
    anyway. The French blog will improve this.
 2. We will make sure to use the Twitter Cards/Open Graph features
    available in the TDF blog that only Mike is using from now. If Italo
    could use it as well when he is writing blog posts, this would be
    nice to have :) I can have a TeamViewer session with him if he wants
    to get introduced :)

Regards,

--
William Gathoye