I've already sent this email to hostmaster@. However, on suggestion from
floeff, I'm posting to the mailing list, to have the widest reach possible
since probably TDF staff have more urgent tasks to do.

---

I am sending this email to ask the Infra to review 2 suggestions I have for
the LibreOffice website. These suggestions need to be applied in the code
base and thus require the support of an administrator. Feel free to reply
back with any feedback or if there is anything I have missed. Both of these
suggestions can be seen in action at newdesign.libreoffice.org. Thank you
in advance.

*1. Slight darkening of carousel background in home page (Redmine Task 2589
<https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2589>)*
As can be read in the ticket, the white text can sometimes be less visible
because of insufficient contrast with the background. The proposed change
applies a slightly darker background to make the text more visible.

The change can be applied by adding the following lines to .carousel_caption
in themes/libreofficenew/css/main.css

background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
padding-left: 20px;
padding-right: 20px;
padding-bottom: 20px;

and removing

background-color: transparent;

*2. Inform users through email of publications carried out during the last
24 hours (Redmine Task 901
<https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/901>)*
This proposal adds 4 files (small) which add the functionality of informing
CMS users who opt-in to receive an email every 24 hours informing them of
the latest published changes to the site's changes. To enable this
functionality, the following files need to be added to the mysite/code/
folder

   - PublicationNotificationSubscription.php
   <https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/2kC2HkFBEz56dHt>
   - PublicationNotificationSubscriptionTask.php
   <https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/iPBEzmJrcaYcptQ>
   - PublicationNotificationSubscriptionAdmin.php
   <https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/3DyXjkJNAZfFSRS>

In addition to those, the following file needs to be added to
mysite/templates/

   - PublicationNotificationSubscription.ss
   <https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/NwjDTLP6WSc4Qgi>

The file contents can be viewed by clicking the links in their names which
will lead to the Nextcloud reserved for TDF purposes. Once those files are
in place, a cron job needs to be established to run
PublicationNotificationSubscriptionTask.php every 24 hours.

I would also like to report that there's an issue in the The Document
Foundation Blog. In the "Subscribe to Blog Posts" form in the sidebar, the
checkbox field label should link to The Document Foundation's Privacy
Policy. However, the link's href attribute has been left empty and thus it
is not leading to the Privacy Policy page but just opening the same page in
a new tab.

Thank you for all your work and dedication.