It seems to be a known problem that Internet Explorer changes .oxt in .zip
when downloading extensions (see for instance  this forum thread
<https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=53451>  ).

However, the  "Installing Extensions FAQ"
<http://www.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/EN_Documents/Installingextensions.pdf>
doesn't mention this. I am used to double-clicking .oxt extensions after
download, and was at a loss, thinking that the .zip file was an incorrect
download (instead of just an extension problem).
I lost quite some time digging for the (obvious) answer.

So I propose adding the following lines to the FAQ, under point 4 (where it
says extensions have a .OXT extension), as a note or warning or something:
/"An error in Internet Explorer automatically renames .oxt files to .zip
files. You can open the .zip file and LibreOffice will install the
extension."/ or something of the sort.

I also propose to add a similar warning on extensions.libreoffice.org
everywhere it says "If you don't know, how to install an extension in
LibreOffice, see our howto about installing extension for detailed
instructions." Add a line saying: /"Note for IE users: Internet Explorer
automatically changes the .oxt extension in .zip on download. You can rename
the .zip file to .oxt, or use it as it is following the instructions for
.oxt files."/

Could someone forward my message to the person(s) who take care of these
things please? Many thanks in advance and keep up the good work  I love
LibreOffice