Le 2014-12-23 07:16, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
Hi Marc,

Marc Paré wrote on 2014-12-22 at 20:38:

Just out of curiosity, Canada seems to only have 2 mirrors set up from
the same location (Hamilton Ontario). How many would be considered
adequate to serve up our population of 34 million? Does the extensive
geographic vastness of the country come into play?

there's no real rule of thumb - the more, the merrier, of course.
However, I didn't hear real complaints about download speed (with some
exceptions, but that's quite normal), so I would assume there's no
urgent need to have more. The speed and connectivity does not only
depend on geography, but mostly network topology, which can be a bit
different due to peerings and routings.

But, as said, if we can get more, of course, that's a lot appreciated!

Florian

Thanks for the info!

A new Canadian server will start mirroring in the next week or so. University of Waterloo. I'll make arrangements for a couple more Canadian universities to mirror as well.

Let me know if you need more US coverage and I will see if I can also arrange more mirroring there as well while I am at it.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré