Hi all

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote
TDF is not an OpenID provider. TBH though, there are so many OpenID
providers
out there, that someone paranoid enough to care about this also will be
able to
find a provider that is at least as trustworthy as TDF. As there are many
different ways to be paranoid, it is not good if TDF would single out one
specific provider as recommended. If someone is paranoid to the extreme,
he
will be able to create his own OpenID provider -- but advising on that is
clearly out of scope for that audience.

I think Dave's question was simply: can I create a simple user account in
AskLibO only? I believe he simply doesn't want to have to register in one of
NSAs providers: Google, Facebook, etc.

He only wants to keep his privacy. I believe that is not asking too much.
Especially because he is *offering* to contribute...

Since he is/was trying to contribute to LO it would be nice if people didn't
welcome him with two stones...

And I agree with him that there should be a normal registration other than
using third party accounts (in the same way that I think that third party
login should be available for bugzilla).

Just my 2 cents...