Hi Charles, *,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Le Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:22:57 +0100,
"Charles-H. Schulz" <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> a écrit :
Le Wed, 1 Jan 2014 01:38:59 +0100,
Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com> a écrit :
On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
[....]
Note that the struture of the backend has changed (no more various
tabs - so for applying that to the newdesign page, the function has
to be adjusted to add the form-field to the expected place).

I did pretty much what you explained

Well, no you didn't. You didn't adjust the getCMSFields function to
the new backend structure. "no more various tabs [...] adjust to add
[...] to the expected place".

It still works, because Silverstripe is backward-compatible in this
case, but you did ignore that statement.

So don't add to "Root.Content.Main", as there is no "Content"-Tab
anymore, it is just Root.Main
http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/2-extending-a-basic-site

[...] But at this stage, I am not exactly sure what
it's loading as it appears to be churning in the void and does not
display an actual forum (yet something is working in order to display a
forum). There's a forum number ID that seems to be ours, shall I try
with another one?

Just scroll down... The nabble one uses custom css that makes it
render below, as it's too wide otherwise.

If you're viewing it on https, then probably your browser blocks

so try with http and the forum should load.

IIRC nabble doesn't support https, at least just changing the
script-URL to a https one won't work... (the n3.nabble.com one)

ciao
Christian