Hi Robinson,

Robinson Tryon wrote on 2013-12-05 04:37:

I just tried to edit the TDF wiki and realized that it is currently
inaccessible.

I know, and I am very sorry about this issue. We have been working hard behind the scenes to improve things, and actually managed to get it a bit better - however, it's not working 100% perfect still.

We nailed down the problem to be related to the main libreoffice.org site, not any of the wikis. The moment I turn off the main site, the load goes down almost immediately. We had also one of our admins colleagues have a look, who's a database expert, but his tries were unsuccessfull as well.

In theory, we could shift the website to another server to distribute the load, but the problem is there are quite some dependencies between the main site and other components - so we would have to migrate them as well and have no benefit.

I am currently looking if I can nail down the culprit, as it's still unclear whether there is really a boost in site use and thus grown load, or whether some new script is running amok and senselessly wasting CPU resources.

Keep your fingers crossed,
Florian