You can introduce a point system, where you gain points for doing
non-spambot things. If you have enough points at your account and the user
has been registered for long enough you may start editing the wiki and
other things. It could be something stupid like taking a introductionary
test and fill in some answers about how to interact with the LibO
community, writing a sample bug report and answering a dummy question in
the ask-department and perhaps sending a bump message to a robot in a
irc-chatroom.
/Oskar