Le 21/06/2013 16:49, Florian Effenberger a écrit :
crossposting this to a couple of lists as it might affect many people
in case it goes wrong (but I hope it doesn't :-)
Today, I was brave enough to switch the DNS entries for
download.documentfoundation.org and let it point to bilbo2 with the
fresh MirrorBrain setup. I'd like to see if everything works and
performs as expected, rather than making a try during the next
major/minor release 4.1. ;-) Nice side-effect is that our download
page now is also IPv6 enabled.
In a nutshell:
* Rsyncing for developers (uploading of builds) and push, pull & stage
for mirrors is still handled on the same machine as before, the old
bilbo(1). So no changes so far for the release process, simply do what
you have been doing the last months, with the same login and hostname.
* The DNS entry for download.documentfoundation.org has been switched
to the IP of bilbo2, the new machine. bilbo2 syncs every 60 minutes
from bilbo1's repository. This introduces a delay, but given that over
the weekend there is IMHO no release planned, and I will continue to
work on it next Monday, shouldn't be a problem.
In case of problems:
The old setup on bilbo(1) is still working, so in case something goes
wrong, any of the admins can reset the IP to the old server.
* Just login to Hetzner,
* remove the download AAAA record from the documentfoundation.org zone,
* and set the A record back to 184.108.40.206
* You can ignore MX, ADSP and TXT records.
Given that the TTL is 5 minutes, changes will be reflected very soon.
As it's weekend, no release on the agenda for the next three days, and
I should be around during daytime, I hope this makes a good test drive
without breaking too much.
In case something goes wrong, *please* use either the tdf-infra
channel to reach many admins at the same time, *or* write directly to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Although I should be around,
responsiveness when mailing the infra team at large might be better
than just mailing me directly.
What's not working yet:
What's currently missing is the mirmon page, plus the instructions for
new mirrors (mirroring.html). This is by intention, as I didn't manage
to migrate it yet, but will do so next week. And of course the full
rsync push & pull process, which will follow, but is dealt with on
bilbo1 at the moment.
I've noticed that none of the libreoffice-xxxxx.torrent are available
anymore. Can it be relative to this migration ?
answers me a rude error 404 :-)
and even on the stable :
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy