What are you planning to use for the OS?
RPi's own default or some of the others?

Myself, I would love to have a RPi in-house for some media streaming from an external drive through my private network.

With about 1 million units now shipped, it has gone well beyond its original 10,000+ units max as the original developers thought it would do.

As for a case, you do not really need one that is specifically designed for a Pi. All you need is one that you can mount it in and have port access as needed. Heat sinks and fans cooling the Pi will be needed to keep it cool during its 80+% CPU operation/usage. I use PC fans from my "dead" system parts box to help cool some systems that need a little more help than what came with the case.