On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hello Norbert,

as we will soon (finally! ;-) begin to offer @libreoffice.org addresses, as
well as Jabber/XMPP, and also SIP accounts, to everyone who agrees to the
official policy then, mcm needs to be extended by a few fields.

I'd like to track if they have any of these accounts and what the respective
addresses are (in some rare cases people have several mail addresses
@libreoffice.org). Reason is, when someone stops being a member, I'd like to
have his mail address removed from our new service as well.

Is that possible, is mcm the right tool to put this data into?

yes it is very possible... in fact not very hard at all.
Although 'multiple' value for a field would be more problematic.

The only thing is that we should deploy it at a time where there is
not gerrit patch pending review for mcm-datase to avoid merge
conflict... but other than that no problem at all.

One way would be to have a MCM_MEDIA= field with the content being in
the form "tag=value;[tag=value;]"
where tag := lo-email|jabber|sip|...
that way we can have multiple entry per.

Norbert

PS: so one would 'loose' access to his @libreoffice.org upon loosing
membership status ? no forwarding ?

PS2: btw I'd like to request that emails tb<nnn>@libreoffice.org be
'reserved' (that would be used for tinderbox/gerrti buildbot)