Hello,

sorry for crossposting to both lists, but as the FDO one has lots of developers on it, and I wanted to raise their attention - without distracting them from important LibreOffice work, of course. ;-)

Many of you may know that we rely on MirrorBrain for providing our downloads. It has proven to be very stable and reliable, but there are several improvements we have incorporated already - many of them purerly documentation related (better setup on our systems), but right now, we also face some issues with the packaging, that needs to be improved to run on recent platforms. Plus, we have some wishlist items, like live download statistics, which we want to implement.

In a nutshell, I think it makes sense to get a bit deeper involved in MirrorBrain development. We are a large adopter of it, and if we improve it for our use, it makes sense to share that with the general public. Maybe we can join forces with other projects using it as well.

I have started a discussion on the MirrorBrain list on that at

        http://mirrorbrain.org/archive/mirrorbrain/0187.html

and would like to follow-up on our website list with details on how to coordinate that TDF-wise. If anyone wants to contribute, feel free to join, of course!

Florian