Hi Goran, Erich, *,

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Erich Christian <erich_tdf@irq.at> wrote:
Am 01.02.2013 00:08, schrieb Goran Rakic:
On Mon, January 28, 2013 21:34, Erich Christian wrote:
Kind of a 'plan' was to skip a few minor updates and jump to 3.0 or
3.0.3 in the meantime.

Well - not necessarily skip updates - but as we are using github and
submodules, we're basically not using "releases" - but merge the
fixes.

But the main point as you all figured out is: We're currently running
2.4.x codeline.

VM13 is setup as a testing environment also for this purpose, afaik no
one actually did it yet. It's available at http://staging.libreoffice.org
and offers a clone of our website.

Well I did try it out a while ago as well to see how much effort it would be
https://ss3.libreoffice.org/get-involved is for example served using
silverstripe 3 :-)

(no DNS-entry, so you have to add 78.46.154.110 ss3.libreoffice.org to
/etc/hosts or equivalent)

However there are tweaks needed to some pages, (for example the
widgets on the homepage trigger errors).  While these are easy to fix,
the biggest problem is the workflow module we're using that hasn't
been migrated yet. The other modules are not that big of a deal.

Few months ago I cloned repos from tdf@GitHub and tried to migrate
site/theme to SilverStripe 3.

I remember some modules where not ready so I got bored and discarded my
code.

Oh, you should not have discarded it completely :-)

Migrating the current theme is rather easy - but of course I'd like to
see a new theme for a relaunch when switching to SS 3

But I am ready to try again, a step at a time. It may make sense to
do migration and theme update in one step if marketing/design have some
mockups ready.

Indeed that is the hard thing here - getting input from vairous
parties regarding what they actually expect from the new design.

We could do this on a staging site, after the 4.0 release...

Very welcome indeed  :)  would be a proper timing.

Indeed, you're welcome :-)

You pointed it out already - modules stay behind, at least forum seems
to be fixed
http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/7316

but forum module is only used for convenience / to have people create
their accounts themselves - so forum module is not crucial.

Some investigation needed here for the rest ...

Afaik Christian Lohmaier also integrated some modules.
Looking forward to his comments,

State is that a lot is working already /can be tweaked with little effort.

ciao
Christian