Hi Cor and Tim, et al,

Le 2012-08-11 09:16, webmaster-Kracked_P_P a écrit :

This "recommended" question has been brought up before.

I think "they" recommend the ".0" version for you to try it and help
discover the bugs that the RC1 and RC2 version users did not find.

Personally, I thing that the word "recommend" needs to be changed, since
I do not think we should recommend a ".0" version to our business users
or those who need a more bug-free, issue-free, version. I usually wait
till the ".3" or ".4" version before I recommend a new line.

But, the word was not changed when the 3.5.0 version came out and may
not change when 3.7.0 comes out.

At least I do not see a button recommending a Debian repository version
of LO anymore.

SO
it would be nice to have some more text to replace the "recommended"
word next to 3.6.0 and some text associated with the 3.5.5 link as well.
Maybe something like "give our newest cutting edge version a try" and
3.5.5 having "most stable version of the previous line".

I think the general consensus at the time was to refer people to the "Release Policy" page[1]. The "recommended" are for general users BUT:

* not for corporate users who need to gauge which version that would best suit their needs along with professional support; * linux users are in a different category as their distro will adopt a version or two to offer their users. These users should check their repositories.

We should not have to go over this every time a new version come out. We should refer people back to the "Release Policy" page.

As for Cor's question, it is more related to how the word "Recommended" is generated which is a technical question that is most likely better answered by Christian.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-policy/

--