On 05/19/2012 11:15 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Olivier, *,

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Olivier Hallot
<olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org>  wrote:
Brazilians users of Internet Explorer are are offered European Portugese
package and language pack in the download page.

I tested and the header of IE is

HTTP headers supplied by your browser
(186.215.10.191.static.host.gvt.net.br):
Accept: application/x-ms-application, image/jpeg, application/xaml+xml,
image/gif, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-xbap, */*
Hmm - this should work....

Can you double check and copy what our server thinks you're using?
www.libreoffice.org/download → show page source and around line 70
should be the following:
                <h1>Download LibreOffice</h1>
<!--
User-Agent:mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64) applewebkit/535.19 (khtml,
like gecko) chrome/18.0.1025.168 safari/535.19
Accept-language:en-US,de-DE;q=0.8,de;q=0.6,en;q=0.4
type:rpm-x86_64
LangCand:en-US|de-DE|de|en|x11| linux x86_64|en_US
lang:en-US
-->

i.e. div, hi and then the info from the browser&  the candidates the
page did infer.

ciao
Christian

Maybe someone should check the system for all the various English versions as well.

I use en-US, but there are en-AU, en-CA, en-GB, and en-ZA versions of English out there, and maybe more as well. I believe that en-AU and en-CA users would want en-GB, but would want to have their own spell check dictionaries. I have seen an en-AU ".dic" file out there. Right now the web site has en-US, en-GB, and en-ZA, listed for possible English language pack installs.

It might be nice to give Canada and Australia their own language packs, since they are their own language entities with some of their own spelling variations from British English, just like USA and South Africa has. How many millions of English speakers are in Canada and Australia? Should they get their own language packages, like South Africa has or USA has instead of the "parent language" of en-GB?