I know of many people myself that would be confused by seeing RC# in the file's name.

I questioned that myself the first time I noticed it.

Usually I see RC2 instead of RC3, so at least it went through more test precessing before it was released.

Actually, I have been using 3.4.5 for less than a month now. I wonder how long I should wait till I go to the 3.5.x line for my default desktop [Ubuntu 10.04LTS 64-bit]. I just updated 2 other computers with 3.4.5 in the past week and will be doing it today with a friend's laptop.

Of course, there will be people who will state "why should we get 3.5 when we have 3.4" or something like that. The same happened when we went from 3.3.x to a good version of 3.4.3 and above. There will be a need for a "educated" answer on which version of the 3.5.x like will be start offering to our business-type of users over 3.4.5 at this point. Right now, till maybe 3.5.2 or .3, I will be offering 3.4.5 as the default install. I still have to update the LibreOffice-NA.US portal and DVD to 3.4.5. Then I will have to look into a 3.5.x version in a few months.