Hi Olivier, *.

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Olivier Hallot
<olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

I want to increase the visibility of pt-BR LiberOffice portal. Once in
the past, I read on SEO techniques, and the use of <meta> and
<description> tags. I know it is not just that.

Yes - search portals also rank the pages by their popularity, i.e. how
many other pages link to them. That is also the reason why spammers
like to put their links into comments or into wiki pages. To make them
appear more popular for search engines.

Is it enough to just fill these tags with data on every page?

Basically yes, this is a good way to improve search results, although
the ranking itself probably is more related to the "popularity"
metric..

How can I type LibreOffice on a pt-BR browser search page and get
directed to pt-br.libreoffice.org at the top of the results?

If there was an easy question to this, all those spammers or
questionable "pay us, we guarantee your page to be up on the list on
goolge/whatever search engine" would not exist.

What are the recomendation from the web magicians for these?

Whenever you write about libreoffice in pt-BR, be sure to place a
corresponding link. Apart from that, no real recommondation, as there
is no easy way. For obvious reasons google and others don't make their
algorithms public.

If however a questionable site that is scamming users is shown instead
of the libreoffice page (i.e. a site that tricks users into paying a
fee for downloading libreoffice), one can file a complaint with
google, and google will act accordingly.

ciao
Christian