On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 16:29 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi Sophie, *,

Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011, 09:16:18 schrieb Sophie Gautier:
Hi Andreas,
(...)
Could you open the page on the wiki, I'll add my thoughts on it. If I

done.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/ConferenceManagementSystem

remember well, Drew has already made some tests of cms dedicated to
event organization.

I'm not able to do such test today, because I catched a cold. But I have
seen a nice
site and a CMS with a product behind it:
http://www.pythonbrasil.org.br/

Nice!

What I did earlier was to review a few on-line (hosted) solutions, as I
though that might make sense from a 'do it now' stand point, though I
doubt it would be a solution looked on with favor by most here.

Some are module(s) to a full CMS (Drupal [1], WP [2], etc)
[SilverStripe does not have a 'conference' module in the repository, but
looking at what modules and widgets are available it is not much of a
stretch to see how one might go about constructing a SilverStripe
solution, with a minimal amount of custom coding required]

Those that build on web frameworks (a small selection)
 - web2py [3]
 - Dijango [4a]
 - Ruby [5]

On in good old php [6]

A few of the packages hail from the folks behind specific conferences -
i.e.

SCALE [4b] built their own which they have released under GPL. (Dijango
again)

Anyway there are more. I don't mind collecting information on those
listed and some of the others and building a type of cross reference for
features, etc. Could load it up the wiki as spreadsheet perhaps.

//drew

Would be nice to have such site / tool for our next conference ;-)

What I was missing the most is an way to easily edit and make changes
to the program. Also an easy way to retrieve the subscribers list.

I think that is one of the key features of a conference organizing tool.

[1] http://usecod.com/
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/conference-schedule/
[3] http://code.google.com/p/conf2py/
[4a] https://github.com/herlo/ConMan
[4b] http://code.google.com/p/scalereg/
[5] http://pentabarf.org/Main_Page
[6] http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs

I believe Latinoware Conference [1] has an implementation for this kind of
task called LAPSI [2]

regards

[1] http://www.latinoware.org/
[2] http://lapsi.latinoware.org/

Escuelas Libres :: Porque la educación es mucho mejor cuando es libre
www.escuelaslibres.org.ar
---
Proyecto LiberTICs
www.libertics.com.ar
---
Para entrenar, cualquier programa sirve. Para educar, sólo Software Libre.
(Federico Heinz)
---