Hi Florian, all!

Am Samstag, den 06.08.2011, 10:20 +0200 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hi,

Christoph Noack wrote on 2011-08-05 22:49:
Sorry, I don't know what "legitimate websites" refers to ... is it to
have one place where all official websites / systems of LibreOffice and
TDF are collected (to e.g. enable simple switching)? Or would it be
helpful to "mark" each of the web presences driven by TDF with a
"official" stamp?

I guess he was talking about a list of sites that are officially by TDF,
to detect third-party or even fraud sites a lot easier.

Mmh, but having such a simple list would only help people within the
community to identify "fraud sites" ... I mean, because you have to know
that there is such a list. To me, it would help a lot if "new" users can
identify our sites being the official ones themselves.

So, yes, such a list is a good start and great reference for e.g. the
website team (what needs maintained etc.)

But, for the new users its still open to identify whether a page belongs
to the "LibreOffice / TDF family". For some of the pages, we recommended
to use the term "official" in the header - but for stuff like QATrack or
Pootle this sounds a bit like nonsense.

So, question, is there any way to add a very small header to _all_ of
our sites to make people aware what LibreOffice has to offer?

Something like ...
  The Document Foundation Websites \/

... the drop-down may be a so-called mega-menu [1] containing the most
important websites (like the wiki, TDF website, ...) either grouped
according the function (TDF, LibreOffice) or its community use (User,
Development, Project) - has to be decided. And, it should contain a link
to a full list of the websites.

This would solve the following issues.
      * The user knows that - if he sees the banner - he is on an
        official page
      * The user can switch across the most important websites easily
        (so we don't have to solve that issue for each of the websites,
        e.g. the conference or the challenge website)
      * The user can access a full list of websites within the TDF /
        LibreOffice family
      * Hopefully, we can reduce the size of the enormous link header in
        the TDF wiki to make it a bit more efficient to work on normal
        pages

Is this technically feasible?

Cheers,
Christoph