On Sun, 2011-05-08 at 00:20 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi *,

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 22:04 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
[...]
Thank you both for your answers. I want to make sure I don't break any
policies because of ignorance. ;-)

I think the best approach would be to have a blog on wordpress.com that
members of the Docs team can post to (I know how to set that up),

I remember David (Nelson) intended to try Silverstripe's Blog module
for news and stuff, but apparently that then got lost because of other
things.

So if anyone with access to the CMS-Backend should be able to post,
that might be an alternative. (but as I didn't check whether the css
styles would need tweaking for the blog module feel free to use
whatever you know will work for sure :-)

I haven't heard from David about this idea, so he must be busy elsewhere
this weekend.

One can export blog entries from Wordpress to an XML file which can be
imported into another system, so starting a blog there won't necessarily
mean it has to stay there. Mind you, this depends on Silverstripe's blog
module accepting the XML file that Wordpress produces.

--Jean