Le Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:11:22 -0400,
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> a écrit :

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 21:59 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 21:07, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
Hi David

You should of read the entire 'forums again' thread on the
discuss list and therefore you must of known that there are at
least three community members quite strongly opposed to at least
one of those links and that the question on the other two was not
settled.

Hi Tim

You want in that discussion, then get in it, but you do not have
cart blanch to arbitrarily act when the issue is obviously not
settled.

Please remove those links, ASAP.

I posted those links subsequent to Charles Schulz's comment on them
(in this thread), and subsequent to again reading complaints
recently about the lack of support forums

If I may offer my opinion here on two slightly tangential subjects -
in an open discussion Charles Schulz of the Steering Committee is just
Charles Schulz. (sorry Charles, but think of it this way, at least I
didn't call you Chuck :-/ )

Oh, I agree. I'm of the opinion that, as my grand father used to say,
on whatever seat one's sitting on he's always sitting on his own
bum.  :-)

Also - You are filling a very visible position in the community at
present with the international website and you need to be very
cognizant of that. That really is the best advice I can give you.

Ok back to the subject of the forum links - this thread? It is 2
months old. While the subject on the discussion list has ~60 emails
over the last 9 days and really it is obvious that there are a couple
of different strongly held opinion groups, all of which seem to have
their backs up against the proverbial wall right now.

I really don't think that any of the links are appropriate for today -
or at least not without taking on the issue directly, which means
engaging in the current discussion. On that I can offer this help - I
was wrong to disengage the other day and will be happy to get back to
it in a constructive way and let us see if there isn't a compromise
that everyone can live with - I think it may of been getting close.

and the lack of prominence of the
Nabble gateway.

Different subject and frankly that was the one thing you probably
could of changed today and no one would of minded - I think.

If you would like forums added or removed, tell me specifically
which and I'll be pleased to make the changes.

IMO, and that is all it is at this point, the link to
LibreOfficeForum.org for sure should come down and please come with me
to the discuss list and let us see what happens, if you would.

+1 to all the above, Drew.

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Membre du Comité exécutif