Hi Florian, all,

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
Hi,

Christian Lohmaier wrote on 2011-03-17 17.26:
Where should it be added?

that's a good point - I'm thinking about it just right now... :-) Maybe
we should remove the top banner or make it smaller, and then add
donation links via Flattr or PayPal instead?

What do others think? Cc'ing the design list on this as well.

I think we should keep the link to the challenge site, allowing the people to inform them before donating.

Perhaps we could add a Flattr logo to the banner, but I'd like to avoid a banner with two different links on the same subject (donation): One linking to more information, the other to Flattr directly.

What could be thought of is a quick access to donations like we have with the direct download link.

If people are visiting our homepage not interested in any further information, but just wanting to donate some money, they could be addressed by direct links to Flattr and our PayPal account as well as to the information on the challenge page.

Perhaps we could place them near to the direct download link:

See what LibreOffice can do for you » (features link)    |
|----------------------------------------------\         | Imagebox
|            Download LibreOffice 3.3           |        |
|-----------------------------------------------|        |____________

See what you can don for LibreOffice » (link to Challenge page)
|-----------\   |-----------\      |----------\       IRC: developers
| Donate via |  | Donate via |     | Join the  |      IRC: TDF members
|   PayPal   |  |   Flattr   |     | Community |      Facebook
|------------|  |------------|     |-----------|      Get Extensions
                               (link to get involved) Get Templates

News from the TDF Blog                     Twitter

I don't know if this would look good - it's just an idea.

When the decision about place and size is over, the design team could work on a button.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Perhaps we could add more information about the way Flattr and donations via Flattr work on the documentfoundation Flattr page.

I had to dig through the Terms of Use to learn to know about:
- recurrent donation (at least 2 Euro per Month)
- 10% of the sum remains at Flattr
(are these points valid for our Flattr account?)

Best regards

Bernhard