Hi Twayne, *,

Twayne schrieb:

In news:201103101523.49332.damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de,
Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de> typed:

: both hands up!!
:
: Please don't crosspost!

[..]

Please get your facts straight before posting definitions.
The proper sig delimited is "-- ". Note the SPACE after the second
dash. You left it out and I had to delete it myself.

In the mail I received it's there. In the one I sent as well.

So there seem to be a problem on the way the mail came to You.

By the way the proper char for citing is a ">" see:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote3.html#ss3.1

and Text you don't refer to should be deleted. see:
http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.2

Uhh, cross-posting, sending one post to more than one group all at
once, is fine - If you read a message on one group, it's marked read
for all the groups it went to.

That might be valid for usenet groups but not for a mailinglist.
*this one and all in question are a mailinglists*.

[.. definition crosspost / multipost ..]

All definitions don't solve the problem to have:
- the same content to scan for each mailinglist you are subscribed and
  is affected.

- split answers partially doubled partially not, depending on the way
  the post has been replied (reply to list, reply to all). Some you get
  here other you get there.

That's unnessesary waste of other member's time, multiplicated by the
number of readers, to gain a small advantage of one person's time
saving - no matter what definition of whatever posting mode is made at
any place.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich