AFAIK it was never possible to use paypal without having an account with them, also if you pay by CC the card data have to be inserted and verified somewhere...

Where should they take the money from if you would not have to register?
At OOo it says:
"Payment via PayPal or credit card
If you have a PayPal account or a credit card, click the button below to get started."

The click takes you to paypal login...

ciao
Erich