Le 2011-02-14 18:20, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :

Following the extensive thread on this topic (based on question of
equality and region/language ), I propose to modify the website in a way
that allows the US team to have a direct link, while the other teams are
not that much behind them:

From

"Primary points of contact and resources for our international
North American Marketing list</link>, and our <link>marketing wiki
pages</link>.

I want it to change to

"Primary points of contact and resources for our international
marketing: the <link>Global Marketing mailing list</link> and our
<link>marketing wiki pages</link>. Local teams are mainly organized in
their respective <link to Internationalization page>native-language
group</link>, for English spoken marketing activities in the USA and
Canada a <mailto: US-List>North American Marketing list</mailto> has
been established."

Wording could probably be improved, but I think you get my idea.

At the bottom of the page I changed the US-List link to the local
mailing list page at the wiki.

When we have a (third level) Regional Marketing web page, we can link
there.

I did the changes in SilverStripe, but didn't approve the changes, so
David can improve them before publishing.

Best regards

Bernhard

Sounds like a good plan to me. It looks like David has approved this on the main site and it reads really well.

An alternative to this would be also to link the "Global Marketing mailing list" to the same location as the US marketing section on the local/regional mailing list and have the mailto: for both Global and US links there. This way the "North American Marketing list" mention could be removed from the Marketing website page. I think that people who wanted to join in on the US marketing team could make sense of this as well.

This second option may be more acceptable for the NL groups who find it a little difficult to see why the US mention is on the international site.

Cheers

Marc