Am 02.02.2011 22:53, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:

If There is a definite group who is "checking out" the pages, then one
way would be to create a corresponding user-group, add the
"review-publisher" to that group and then limit the publish-rights for
the page to that group.

But all of this (Christian's and Narayan's decisions) is a huge effort if you only want to change some little things like misspelling, wrong links etc.

I won't write many words in the todo or somewhere else when I only want to change some letters or a link.

And I won't ask some "review-publisher" for that to publish it. If you want this the most people outside the "review-publisher" won't do any change on the website.

And who will decide who will get in the review-team? What will be the criteria?

And will this be only for the international site or for the NL-sites too?

Another way would be to do this just by spoken/written policy (and not
by technical enforcement), i.e. go away from publishing right away
even if you got publisher rights, to requesting publication and have
someone else review the page.
I personally prefer this approach.

A written policy must be signed from all the publishers. And this is what we didn't want. A spoken policy won't be useful as we have seen in case of Sophie (as expert on l10n) and David (as "limited in time web content admin"). And with this example the hole thing don't function because you have e.g. an expert in a subject who isn't inside the "review-team" and he writes something which is quite useful and necessary and the review-team as non-experts in this subject will not publish it (because of many discussions or personal disagreement or so). How will this then function: Will there be a voting in the review-publisher team for a page?

The spoken policy must be transformed to every new publisher in the coming years.

As above: Will this be only for the international site or for the NL-sites too?

For the case of policy:
If I only requesting publication there is shown that there is sent an "email to no one". And so I do not know if the site would "ever" published.

The only way as I think is to get some written down criteria for changing author-rights to publisher-rights for "newbies" up to now. But this should be a new topic with a wikipage to develope.

The last thing:
Is it really necessary to "checking out" the work of someone here who is a publisher yet?

Maybe we do this:
One will be the head/admin of a single page (not for all!). Mostly it will be the person who build in the site. And all the others ask him after changing it except with little changes. The head or some one he called will publish it. His name is commented in the site. After some time (let me say 3 or 6 months) the site has no "head" except the one renews his "heading". The community is able to set an other head if they think it is better for this single page.
But we should do this on meriocraty and not on force.
If someone breaks the rule more often without any reason he will loose his publisher rights after some explained warning.

--
Grüße
k-j